Definition of Personal Information: (according to the POPI Act)
“means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including, but not limited to— (a) information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person; (b) information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person; (c) any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person; (d) the biometric information of the person; (e) the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person; (f) correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence; (g) the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and (h) the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person”.
What Personal Information we may collect:
The types of information that we may collect and process will include (but is not limited to):
- Your full names
- Identity or passport numbers (as it relates to banking or payment for services)
- E-mail, physical and postal addresses and contact numbers
- Website, hosting, domain and email usernames and passwords (and third-party integrations to these services)
- Social media username and login information
- Business or personal relationships as they pertain to the provision of online communication services
- Your employment history and occupation (as it relates to communication for your online brand)
- Your Education (as it relates to communication for your online brand)
We will only collect information that is necessary for our legitimate business interests or required in terms of the law.
This information may be collected when you purchase a product through us, request assistance with a service, fill in a form (paper or electronic), when you contact us and provide the information directly.
How and when will we process your personal information?
Your personal information may only be processed by us for the purpose for which it was provided. This will include:
- When you browse our website
- When you require comprehensive communication services
- Fulfilment of our contractual and legal obligations to you
- To maintain our relationship with you
- To market products, services or other offerings
- To conduct verification and reference checks where required
- For audit and record-keeping purposes
- To conduct statistical or market-related research
- As required by legislation, regulation or industry codes
When will we share your information?
We will only share your information with approved third-party providers where necessary for the purpose agreed to by yourself or to government or law enforcement agencies where the law requires that we disclose it.
How do we protect your personal information?
We make use of reputable service providers to ensure that care is taken to protect your information and also that we can restore the data should there be a technical problem. Client information is kept on our CRM and Accounting tools (ASANA, Mailchimp, Tidio, Xero and Google Suite) as well as on a cloud-based server (Google Drive).
Communicating with you
When we communicate with you, we will do this by electronic mail wherever possible, and where this is not possible, using telephone, email, WhatsApp or Social Media messaging services.
We will take reasonable measures to ensure the security of the documents sent to you but we cannot be held liable for any unauthorised access or disclosure of your information once it has been sent.
Keeping your information
You acknowledge that your information will be stored by us. We will only process and retain your information for as long as the purpose for which we collected it continues to be relevant (to the best of our knowledge), or we are required to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or to protect our legal interests. This may mean that your information is retained for longer than the minimum time set out by the law.
What are your rights with regards to your personal information?
You have the right to request that we correct, destroy or delete any personal information that we processed for you. This would be information that is inaccurate, irrelevant, out of date, incomplete, misleading, obtained without your permission or that we are no longer authorised to retain.
You can withdraw your permission for us to use your information at any time provided that it does
not affect the processing of your personal information:
- Prior to the withdrawal of consent
- If that processing is an obligation imposed by any law
- As required to finalise the performance of a contract in which you are a party
- As required to protect yours, ours or a third party’s legitimate interests
You can object to the processing of your personal information at any time on reasonable grounds:
- If the information is not required to pursue your legitimate interests
- If the information is being used for Direct Marketing or unsolicited electronic communication, without your consent or by an unknown third party.
You have the right to submit a complaint to the Information Regulator regarding an alleged interference with the protection of your personal information.
You have the right to institute civil proceedings regarding an alleged interference with the protection of your personal information processed in accordance with this policy.
Slatter Communications (Pty) Ltd shall have no authority to use the client’s Personal Information, or Personal Information that has been entrusted to them through the normal course of their business, loaded onto any distribution list submitted to Slatter Communications (Pty) Ltd, outside of the course of the provision of the relevant communication and content generation services to the client.
As such, such information shall solely be accessed and used for the provision of the relevant communication and content generation services to the client. Slatter Communications (Pty) Ltd shall not sell, or distribute the content of the client’s distribution list. Slatter Communications (Pty) Ltd undertakes, so far as possible, to keep the client’s distribution lists confidential, accessed by relevant designated Slatter Communications (Pty) Ltd personnel and agents only.